About Ocean Runners
How our fishing trips began
Sea fishing has been a passion of Ryan’s since the age of 8, having spent much of his childhood on the water aboard his father’s 32 ft Contessa. He purchased his own Dory at the age of 14 and in 2011 he purchased his first charter boat, a 30ft Berry boat.
He then advanced onto a Bullet 38ft, which provided speed but not comfort when at anchor in a choppy sea, which is typically characteristic of monohulled boats. He decided he wanted a boat that provided much greater comfort for anglers when in a sea chop and in 2018 Ryan took ownership of ‘Ocean Runner’ a brand-new Catapult catamaran, which is currently the newest addition to Poole’s charter fleet.
Our deep sea charters in Dorset
Ryan Jones is now the Skipper of Poole’s Ocean Runner, the 40ft purpose-built fishing catamaran operating from Poole Harbour. Boat charters from Poole range from short 2-hour fishing trips near Poole & Bournemouth to longer 12-hour mid channel wreck fishing trips from Poole Port.
Our most popular deep sea charters in Dorset and the English Channel include:
- Inshore fishing trips for Bream, Rays and Mackerel and many more species
- Wreck fishing for Cod, Pollock, Ling and Congers
- Shark fishing in Dorset for Porbeagle, the Common Smoothound and Tope
- Turbot fishing in Poole and the shambles throughout the summer
- Bass fishing in Poole & Swanage
- Channel island fishing trips
- Winter cod and Spurdogs fishing
The Ocean Runner is a popular choice for novice anglers, tourists, corporate trips, sightseers, bird watchers, windfarm employees commuting and the serious angler.